- PhentermineLearn more about phentermine and how to get the most from your weight loss journey.
- ResourcesAdditional information and tools to help you make the most of your effort.
- AlternativesLearn more about the most popular weight loss medications and science-backed supplements
Joining Forces for Comprehensive Healthcare: PhentermineClinics Acquires Harris County Drug Court Foundation
Published on August 29, 2023
We are thrilled to announce that PhentermineClinics has acquired the Harris County Drug Court Foundation (HCDCF), a distinguished organization based in Houston, Texas, specializing in addiction recovery. This collaboration aims to broaden our multidimensional approach to health, particularly focusing on the intricacies of addiction—be it substance or food—and its subsequent impact on obesity.
Linking Substance Addiction and Food Addiction: A Multidimensional Challenge
Addiction is not confined to substances; it extends into various aspects of life, including food consumption. The mission of HCDCF, “Support Success Through Addiction Recovery,” offers proven strategies that can be adapted to tackle the more nuanced forms of addiction like food and sugar addiction. The critical link between these types of addiction and obesity can no longer be ignored, especially given the statistics: 35.3% of Texas adults are obese, with 17% being severely obese.
To understand the addiction-obesity parallel better, consult this insightful academic paper on the National Center for Biotechnology Information.
The Three Pillars of HCDCF: Translating Recovery to Weight Management
- Recovery-Focused Transitional Housing: The stable environment provided by HCDCF to break free from substance abuse can be tailored to address the behavioral modifications needed for weight loss. This transitional approach can help individuals rewire their eating habits, providing them with the support they need during their journey towards a healthier lifestyle.
- Intensive Trauma Therapy: HCDCF’s focus on trauma therapy can be a game-changer for obesity management. Much like substance addiction, emotional and psychological traumas can lead to excessive eating as a coping mechanism. By identifying and treating these traumas, the cycle of food addiction can be effectively interrupted.
- Quality Job Training: Both substance and food addiction often stem from a lack of purpose or self-worth, which job training can significantly ameliorate. Empowering people with the skills needed for meaningful employment can decrease stress levels and emotional eating, thus fostering weight loss.
Local Commitment, Global Impact
The Future is Comprehensive Healthcare
The acquisition of HCDCF enables PhentermineClinics to integrate a well-rounded approach to health, merging the battle against substance addiction with the fight against obesity. This union paves the way for revolutionary, comprehensive healthcare solutions, tailored to treat addiction in its various manifestations and its ripple effects on obesity.
The PhentermineClinics Team.