Phentermine and The Potential Side Effects That You Should Never Ignore
If you are having troubles with the process of losing weight efficiently once and for all, then maybe you need a little help. How about trying Phentermine for a change? Phentermine is a highly useful weight loss drug, prescribed and loved by doctors and patients all around the United States of America, so why don’t you join this group as well? Go ahead and find out everything that there is to know about this powerful weight loss drug from our previous articles and do not hesitate to consult your doctor on the topic as well.
However, there is one downside to the use of Phentermine. Unfortunately, like any other drug, especially weight loss drug, there are potential side-effects that you need to keep away from. These side-effects can endanger the weight loss process and bring disappointment in your life. But that is not a reason to avoid Phentermine altogether.
That is only a reason for you to investigate these side-effects, their causes and the ways to avoid them so that you would be able to get the best that Phentermine has to offer you without any sign of unpleasant side-effects in the middle of it. Read through today’s article and discover everything that there is to know about the potential side-effects, and most importantly, the ways to avoid them!
Phentermine – What Does It Do For You?
Phentermine is rated as the best weight loss drug currently in the United States. It has been prescribed by doctors all around the country to help obese and overweight patients control and reduce their body weight. Phentermine has been approved by the FDA and is only available with a valid doctor’s prescription (1). But how does Phentermine help you lose weight efficiently?
Phentermine is a psychostimulant which means that what it does is stimulate the nervous system to increase its norepinephrine release. By doing so, Phentermine boosts your metabolism, reduces your hunger and appetite and boosts your energy levels. However, Phentermine is not meant to be used alone in the fight against obesity. Phentermine is recommended to be used in a combination of a healthy, adequate diet plan and regular workout plan to achieve the ultimate weight loss results. When appropriately used, Phentermine delivers excellent results in the form of weight loss, satisfaction, improved general health, and increased self-confidence. So should you use Phentermine?
Should You Use Phentermine?
Although Phentermine is approved by doctors and the FDA, there are still boundaries when it comes to who can use it and who should not. Your doctor is the only one who can prescribe Phentermine and allow you to include it into the fight against obesity. Unfortunately, some brands are claiming to be selling a copy of Phentermine online without a doctor’s prescription. However, you should never buy anything of that sort. By doing so, you are risking your health and exposing yourself to disappointment and suffering. So to answer your question – your doctor is the only one who can decide whether or not you are the right candidate to use Phentermine. Of course, you can always consult your doctor about this possibility and discuss the use of Phentermine to help you lose weight.
What Are The Reasons Behind The Development of Potential Side-Effects?
Unfortunately, like any other weight loss drug and medications in general, Phentermine as well, can lead to potential side-effects occurring and causing discomfort and even endangering the results achieved so far regarding the weight loss process. Of course, in most cases, the main reason for the development of side-effects is the misuse of Phentermine.
Your doctor is the only one who can decide on the dosage and the only one who is able to increase it or reduce it accordingly. Any increasing or decreasing regarding dosage on your own hand, without your doctor’s approval, puts you on the risk of experiencing side-effects. Of course, there are some conditions that restrict the use of Phentermine. In the following, we will list some of the most common ones:
- Allergy to Phentermine or any of its compounds
- Uncontrolled blood pressure
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Pulmonary diseases
- Use of other medications at the moment which is known to interact with Phentermine
- Medical history of substance abuse
As we mentioned earlier, the use of certain drugs can also make you more vulnerable when it comes to experiencing the Phentermine’s side-effects. Phentermine is known to interact with numerous different medications and substances which is why you have to remember to notify your doctor about any drug or supplement that you are taking at the moment. For example, Phentermine is not supposed to be used in combination with aspirin, asthma medications, antidepressants, weight loss supplements, and drugs, cold remedies, amphetamines, caffeine, Ritalin, etc. And as always, do not take any medications or substances on your own hand during your treatment with Phentermine without your doctor’s approval.
The Potential Side-Effects That You Should Never Ignore
Phentermine has been reported to cause quite a few side-effects. However, this does not mean that everyone who is using Phentermine is going to experience the potential side-effects. As we mentioned earlier, numerous factors are involved in this process – your age, health condition, use of other medications and substances, lifestyle, daily physical activity, diet, etc. For any concerns that you might have regarding the potential side-effects of Phentermine, please consult the doctor who has prescribed you Phentermine in the first place (2).
The side-effects caused by the use of Phentermine can variate from mild to more severe. Although uncommon, they can lead to complications and endanger not only your weight loss process and the results that you have achieved so far but also your general health. That is why it is essential to minimize the risk of experiencing the potential side-effects to a bare minimum. In the following, we will share what have been reported to be the most common side-effects caused by the use of Phentermine.
- Dizziness – Patients have reported to experience dizziness on a few occasions. It can variate from a milder version of it to more severe dizziness. This is usually the most common side-effect of them all. If you experience dizziness and feel lightheaded at any point, please do consult your doctor right away.
- Insomnia – Since Phentermine is a psychostimulant, causing an increase in the blood pressure and metabolism, it is almost expected that any misuse and abuse of Phentermine will lead to sleep problems, focusing on insomnia. If you are experiencing insomnia and other sleep problems for a period longer than a few days, please make sure that you consult your doctor as soon as possible.
- Digestive problems – Phentermine can cause quite a few digestive problems including diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and constipation. Usually, a well-balanced, healthy diet is what will assure you that no trace of any digestive problems will occur during your treatment with Phentermine. After all, Phentermine is only meant to be used along with a healthy diet and regular exercise, as you will learn on numerous occasions.
- Dry mouth – Dry mouth is a condition that occurs when your salivary glands are not producing enough saliva due to various different reasons. Most commonly, dry mouth develops as a side-effect due to certain medications, as it is in the case of Phentermine. However, dry mouth is easily treated, but it does require treatment as soon as possible to prevent any further complications.
- Weight gain – Unfortunately, weight gain is also one of the common side-effects caused by Phentermine. The main reason for weight gain during the treatment with Phentermine is using Phentermine without following a healthy diet or exercising at the same time. Patients tend to believe that Phentermine is a magic pill that will make their extra pounds go away without them trying. Phentermine can only do so much, but it does require your help in the process of weight loss as well.
Other side-effects which are considered to be more severe and serious are high blood pressure, palpitations, allergic reaction, depression, skin rash, tremor, and addiction. Unfortunately, we are discussing a highly addictive drug. Any misuse and abuse of Phentermine can quickly result in dependence and as soon as the use of Phentermine has been discontinued – the occurrence of withdrawal symptoms. And we all know that addiction, of any kind, brings upon life-threatening complications and soon, your weight loss process will not be the only thing that is endangered by your misuse or abuse of Phentermine – your life might be as well (3).
How to Avoid the Side-Effects From Occurring?
In the following, we will share some easy yet highly effective tips and tricks when it comes to using Phentermine without any side-effects occurring. We encourage all of our readers to include the following tips and tricks as to achieve the ultimate weight loss results with Phentermine and avoid any potential side-effects.
- Take Phentermine along with a well-balanced diet that includes all of the food groups. Consult your doctor in the decision-making process to find the diet plan that best works for you (4).
- Create a habit for yourself to exercise on a daily level. Choose a physical activity that you will practice at least 3 to 5 times a week. We recommend combining the use of Phentermine with aerobic exercises such as walking, jogging, running, swimming, high-intensity interval training (HIIT) and many other exciting choices.
- Avoid taking Phentermine for longer than 12 weeks. Phentermine is only meant to be used for a short period of 12 weeks, anything above that puts you at the risk of addiction and side-effects.
- Avoid taking Phentermine 4 to 5 hours before you go to sleep. We advise you to take Phentermine early in the morning to use its beneficial effects of energy boost and reduced hunger throughout the day.
- Do not change the dosage on your own. Any increase or decrease regarding the dosage should be done only by your doctor and no one else. Increasing or reducing the dosage on your own exposes you to the risk of addiction and potential side-effects.
What is considered to be the best weight loss drug currently available in the United States, is also known to deliver a few mild to more severe side-effects as well. We are talking about Phentermine and how quickly its abuse or misuse can lead to digestive issues, weight gain, insomnia, and even addiction. In today’s article, we have covered everything that you need to know about these potential side-effects to learn why it is so important to follow your doctor’s instructions when it comes to using Phentermine. Also, we encourage our readers to use the tips and tricks that we had to share when it comes to avoiding the potential side-effects of Phentermine!