Are Overnight Oats Good for Weight Loss
Overnight oats are a wonder to ensure weight control. Consuming overnight oats to lose weight should be a part of your health program. The recipe comprises simply of oats soaked in water or milk and served uncooked in the morning with fruits or nuts.
Overnight oats present a no-cook, leave in water over a 4-8-hour period approach. It is affordable, easy to make and suitable for different lifestyles. Overnight oats typical food for regular use during the morning, afternoon and evenings, and it allows people to live healthy using an acceptable budget. Overnight oats combined with homemade food allow a person to reach a level of wellbeing, positive outlook and increased energy levels to enjoy life.
Overnight oats comprise amino acids that develop good strong muscles we need and to fight the illnesses we struggle with. Amino acids present only one of the good things we desire to maintain a healthy living. Many scientists identified a range of good nutrition within different food groups to assist with collecting the energy we need. These food groups include oats and the goodness thereof.
What are Overnight Oats?
The recipe involves the soaking of oats in water, milk, or yogurt over a 4-8-hour period. Some people leave the oats for longer. It depends on your preference and time available to prepare the meal. Overnight oats present a popular method because of the overnight preparation approach. It allows the oats to swell and provide a means of developing into a rich nutritional porridge readily available without cooking.
Overnight oats exclude a cooking requirement, but some individuals heat the porridge for a short while. During the next morning after taking out the porridge from the fridge, an individual can add different fruits, nuts, or spices one desires. Because of the swelling, the food looks extensively larger and bigger. Some people prefer to soak oats in milk or yogurt. If you are intolerant to dairy products, the water is the best. Adding lemon to the water presents a fresh taste to the overnight oats. Lemon also assists with keeping your digestive system working.
Eating well, why?
Health experts allocate time to develop a detailed understanding of healthy food and obesity. Obesity levels seem to increase, and health experts warn against the impacts thereof. As a result, the understanding of food groups become important.
Different food groups present diverse nutrients and benefits to keep our bodies healthy. It has become especially important today to prevent eating refined food. For this specific reason, the use of overnight oats has become critical to maintaining a healthy diet.
Dietary Understanding and Reasoning
The article focuses on advice but also reasoning. Many times, we read information without developing an understanding of why we prefer certain foods for example. It becomes critical to analyze your thoughts and reasons when attempting to develop a diet suitable for your needs. Included in the article refers to research undertaken by a variety of health experts.
After various scientific explanations of oats, fiber and other chemical influences in a person’s body, the article attempts to shift back to the basics and explain what overnight oats mean. The contents describe the methods of producing oatmeals and the subsequent extra ingredients a person can allocate to the contents. It becomes critical to enjoying the most important meal of the day. If a person becomes more focused on healthy living, it should allow you to take part in the preparation of meals supportive of your health.
If you are intolerant to certain products, ensure you understand why and the food that can cause allergies in your bodies. Prevent purchasing added ingredients that can make you sick. Especially people who struggle with gluten, nuts or dairy intolerances must research the food products before they purchase.
Fresh Food Products
The following fresh food products easily available on the market added towards your overnight oats can easily increase food nutrition. To keep a sustainable diet, the use of home-based food becomes critical and a healthier option. Attempt to use ginger or cinnamon from your kitchen garden if available. The following list provides examples of alternatives a person can include in their meal:
- Almond nuts
- Greek Yoghurt
- Almond Milk
- German chocolate
- Chia Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
Overnight Oats and Research Completed
Evidence of the acceptance of high-carbohydrate in low-fat diets presents unfavorable changes in various blood lipids and lipoproteins (1). After additional research completed, data concluded that the added portions of 2 large servings per day may cause lower concentrations of cholesterol (1). The benefits of using whole grain products may lead to potential bioactivity of the marked nutrients (3).
In today’s world, we struggle to live healthily and find “good” food to eat. Taking into account most people experience busy days, home food preparation takes time. The article attempts to focus on the easiness of overnight oats preparation and the goodness thereof.
Research showed that weight-loss diets focused on oats content significantly improves blood pressure. Oats take on many forms and some include steel-cut oats, rolled oats or easy oats. Steel-cut oats stay preferred especially if a person needs to manage appetite throughout the day. According to health experts, overnight oats placed in an acid mixture allows for the breakdown of phytic acid.
The Science behind Overnight Oats
Phytic acid known as an antinutrient easily impacts a person’s digestive system and interferes with mineral absorption. Consumption of well-defined cereal fiber and fruits allows people to experience less hypertension, dyslipidemia and heart problems (5).
Overweight and increased age can increase blood pressure, and the influence of a good diet becomes important.
Complex manipulated diets cannot easily fix a weight-loss problem. The process requires a natural dietary program including fresh foods as much as possible. Quick-fix weight-loss diets do not exist or can allow for an unhealthy lifestyle.
Best Dietary Methods
Various research data sets showed during the increased intake of breakfast cereals for example oats to more than once a week increases weight loss. If oats become combined with fruits and water, it increases the quality of the diet (2).
The identification of the best dietary methods for populations across the world remains a significant challenge to people who work in the health sector environment (4). The healthy eating index presents one example used by medical practitioners to determine diet quality indices.
Indices present a method where health experts can easily determine the link between diets, health outcomes and the associated diseases. Continuous research undertaken by scientists allows for an additional understanding of the different food groups and the scoring of each. In addition, consumers still struggle to understand the meaning of diet quality and what fruit groups provide higher levels of nutrients than the other (4).
In summary, a variety of research undertaken by many health experts, medical practitioners, dieticians, and scientists allows for a continuous search regarding the best food groups. A significant part of the articles reviewed demonstrated the role of oats in the diet to prevent diseases from developing. The paragraphs below focus specifically on overnight oats and the practicality of the cereal to maintain a good diet.
Can Overnight Oats Allow a Person to Lose Weight?
Overnight oats present many benefits related to energy, healthy body, increased concentration, and digestive systems. Communities struggle with weight loss and people attempt to shy away from foods known to contain fat. We want to live happily but with the use of good fresh food. Some reasons a person can lose weight by following an overnight oats diet include the following:
- Triggers release of digestive chemicals required to suppress hunger pains. Overnight oats lessor hunger pains and as a result a person feels significantly healthier. If you feel contented, a person less likely attempts to snack or eat additional food during the day. As a result, your body prevents you from consuming extra chocolates, fast food, and fat-based products to make you feel better. This feel-good food can easily increase your levels of fat intake and weight problems.
- Oats speeds up calorie burning and presents a person with the wonderful nutrients one lacks. The more calories you burn, the less fat your body carries. Less fat allows for increased energy and the will to take part in more activities, for example, exercise. Again, it allows a person to feel more confident in themselves.
- Breakfast looks bigger after the oats have had the opportunity to swell. During the new age, people started consuming significantly more food than our bodies need. Apart from it, we exercise less. Subsequently, our bodies struggle to process all the additional energy created, the added fats and weight.
- Oats present a significant fiber content. Our bodies need fiber to keep our colons clean, our system running and our minds feeling good. Using fiber available in many forms allows one to improve a body system and get rid of all the unnecessary toxins. Fiber allows our bodies to stay healthy, increase energy and make us feel happier. Oats comprise fiber but added products to your overnight oats can increase the fiber contents you need.
- Oats increases metabolism and generates the energy a person needs, especially when on a diet. Initially, people feel extensively tired when they diet, but overnight oats allow a person to adapt to less food but still feel energetic. Oats provide a natural remedy to reach a higher level of metabolism that increases fat burn and subsequent weight loss. Using overnight oats presents an easy cooking method to take part in an affordable diet and lower your risk of becoming exposed to different sicknesses.
Many examples of recipes exist, and it is for you to decide which one best suits your lifestyle. Remember, overnight oats offer an easy diet method suitable during all mealtimes of the day (6). Here are some recipes below that you can use to make yourself some overnight oats.
The recipe examples below I attempted to find in different food journals and aim to provide a general insight into the use of the recipe. One can mix and match the best you can by combining the ingredients available in your fridge, cupboards or garden. A variety of recipe examples on the internet allows a person to easily gain access to the process.
My Blueberry Overnight Oats
The blueberry example stays an exceptional recipe focused on low fat and healthy ingredients to maintain your weight. Using a jug or bowl allows you to present the recipe in a stylish manner.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package blueberries
- 1 Greek yogurt cup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 honey cups
- Layer oats, milk, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract and blueberries into holders.
- Top oats with honey.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for over four to eight hours.
Spicy Overnight Oats
A little spice, for example, cinnamon presents some added color to your overnight oats. In addition, ginger also forms part of a healthy add-on to a meal.
- ¼ Teaspoon cinnamon
- 50g Rolled oats
- 2 Teaspoons natural yogurt
- 50g Mixed berries
- Drizzle of honey
- ½ Teaspoon nut butter
- The night before, stir the cinnamon and a pinch of salt in the oats placed in water.
- The next morning add a little water and include the rest of the ingredients.
- Enjoy your breakfast.
Banana Overnight Oats
Banana presents a lovely fruit easily accessible and comprises many nutrients we need. Banana mixed with yogurt and other add-ons stays a winner.
- One mashed banana
- One cup plain fat Greek yogurt
- One cup of swift oats
- One cup of almond milk
- Two teaspoons of Chia seeds
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place in a container and overnight.
My Coco Overnight Oats
To create the chocolate feel, the use of cacao stays a winner.
- ½ cup steel-cut oats
- 1 Teaspoon Chia Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Flax Meal
- 2 Teaspoons Cacao Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Almond Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Maple Syrup
- ½ Cup Almond Milk
Combine ingredients and place overnight in a fridge.
Eat during the following morning.
My Lemon Oats
Added lemon juice provides an extra good feel option. Mixed with vanilla and coconut, presents a good meal.
- One Teaspoon lemon juice
- One Teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ Teaspoon chia seeds
- One Cup oats
- One Cup almond milk
- ½ Teaspoon coconut
- ½ Teaspoon vanilla essence
- Mix ingredients and place in a container.
- Cover the container and store overnight in a fridge.
- Enjoy the following morning.
Finally, it becomes important to understand the reasons you need a healthy lifestyle. Develop a diary of good add-ons to your overnight oats and change the ingredients regularly. Make use of different containers and add some spice to your overnight oats literally and figuratively.
Remember, overnight oats aim to provide you with a method to increase your metabolism and energy levels. Overnight oats meals subsequently allow you to lose weight. Weight loss allows a person to become healthier, stronger, and much more dedicated to living a focused life. Overnight oats provide an excellent opportunity for any person to make a slight dietary change and become a much healthier person.
- Davy B et al. . “High-fiber oat cereal compared with wheat cereal consumption favorably alters LDL-cholesterol subclass and particle numbers in middle-aged and older men1–.” The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 76, Issue 2 (2002): 351 – 358 https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/76/2/351/4689512.
- O Brien K et al. “Participants in an online weight loss program can improve diet quality during weight loss: a randomized controlled trial.” Nutrition Journal (2014) https://nutritionj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1475-2891-13-82.
- Tighe P et al. . “Effect of increased consumption of whole-grain foods on blood pressure and other cardiovascular risk markers in healthy middle-aged persons: a randomized controlled trial.” The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 92 (2010): 733 – 740 https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article-abstract/92/4/733/459749.
- Jomaa L H et al. . “Development of a standardized measure to assess food quality: a proof of concept.” Nutrion Journal (2016) https://nutritionj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12937-016-0215-4.
- Saltzman E et al. “An Oat-Containing Hypocaloric Diet Reduces Systolic Blood Pressure and Improves Lipid Profile beyond Effects of Weight Loss in Men and Women1.” The Journal of Nutrition, Volume 131, Issue 5 (2001): 1465 – 1470 https://academic.oup.com/jn/article-abstract/131/5/1465/4686867.